If we can prevent the government from wasting the labor of the people
under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy. - Thomas Jefferson


Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Coffee, enemas and long distance prayer

Repost to share about the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, a mostly unheard of branch of the National Institutes of Health:
Coffee Enemas, Aromatherapy, and Intercessory Prayer: Your Tax Dollars At Work
I don't know about you, but I think it is terrific that we've spent taxpayer dollars ($660,000(!)) on investigating whether or not long distance prayer can heal AIDS abroad. Its not like we're supposed to avoid using state money to further the cause of religions or anything crazy like that...

I do suppose the coffee enemas are understandable when you consider just how full of shit this particular branch of the government is...

THIS is whyipaytaxes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGH! And to think, I've been turned down for my grants....because clearly studying pray is VASTLY more important than the sustainability of distribution systems. Damn this species!

taxpayer said...

I was reading backwards through my posts as I often enjoy doing and noticed a blatant point I ought to have made:
What the fuck did it take $660,000 to test prayer for? Isn't prayer free? I'm guessing, without investigating, that we paid people to pray...