If we can prevent the government from wasting the labor of the people
under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy. - Thomas Jefferson


Friday, January 21, 2011

Rocket fueled

Can I get your help moving this weekend? I think we got it in 1 trip.

I don't know the exact fuel economy of the Delta IV Heavy, but it has got to set us back a bit every time they fire this puppy up.

The rocket itself is as tall as a 20 story building.
It burns a ton of fuel each SECOND. (What does a ton of rocket fuel run now days?)

It brings gigantic satellites into orbit for the CIA and DOD. We don't get to know what it weighs or exactly what it carries. Though we do have this hint: Large imaging satellites of the type the Delta IV could launch would have remarkable resolution

They spent $100 MILLION just upgrading the launch pad to fit this bastard.

As I often do, I'll state that I'm not saying whether or not this project is good or bad, its just how we spend our money. I'm kind of glad our government has the baddest satellites...

THIS is whyipaytaxes.

Watch the video in this link. It looks a bit like a skyscraper lifting off.
read more: Huge Delta rocket flies from Vandenberg, California(bbc)

No comments: