If we can prevent the government from wasting the labor of the people
under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy. - Thomas Jefferson


Sunday, September 9, 2012

Interesting Math Problem


$182 BILLION of your tax dollars goes to AIG, cause we couldn't let THEM fail. After all, our government's friends in the banking and insurance industries couldn't possibly be left on the hook for the bets they placed. Somebody had to bail them out, why not you and me?

$23.3 BILLION has been recuperated so far by selling it back.
$158.7 BILLION is what we are still owed.
$30 BILLION is the value of what we still have.

$128.7 BILLION is ... well, I guess I don't have an answer. Where is it? Who'd we give it to? Why the fuck did we throw $130 BILLION into a fucking sink hole?

Fear not, my friends, for our government's pals at AIG have turned that baby around and made it profitable once again. They're expected to haul in about $7.4 BILLION in free and clear profit. So... Now that they're profitable... NOW is the time we're going to give up our controlling interest? The fuck?

Meanwhile, the CEO, Robert "Math Whiz" Benmosche has the fucking audacity to claim they will pay our government back "plus a profit." Maybe I'm not that good at subtraction, and I am certain there is a lot going on that I don't understand, but he should probably shut his fucking pie hole and stop pretending like he's doing us some sort of a fucking favor.

Pardon my French there. Its just that I'm a little pissed off is all...

THIS is whyipaytaxes.
read more: Treasury to Cut AIG Stake Below Half in $18B Sale(abc)

No comments: