If we can prevent the government from wasting the labor of the people
under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy. - Thomas Jefferson


Monday, December 15, 2008

Mission Accomplished

I pay taxes to ensure my C-level frat boy turned president can afford to go strut around the devastation he created talking about how proud he is of causing the devastation. I wonder, if as Air Force One came in for a landing they unfurled a Mission Accomplished banner behind it.

And, I know I'm not 'reporting' a damn thing here, but god bless the Iraqi with the balls to get in Bush's face in spite of how unfurled he had his pretty feathers. (Think peacock)
I like that the second shoe was dedicated to the widows. To me that makes the point right there.

Kudos for Maliki throwing himself into harms way in an attempt to protect dubya from the second shoe... (not sure the point I am trying to make, but I am being sarcastic)

Iraqi Journalist Throws Shoes At President Bush(npr)

A presidential victory lap without a clear victory...

THIS is whyipaytaxes.

P.S.'s:
bbc explains a bit about shoe-ing in the Arabic world

Quotes from the assailant:
Shoe 1: "This is a gift from the Iraqis. This is the farewell kiss, you dog,"
Shoe 2: "This is from the widows, the orphans and those who were killed in Iraq,"
(Thanks LA Times (not a lot of reporters cared what he actually said!))

Support from commoners around the world. People in every country, including ours admit they wish they could throw their shoes at Bush. (See reader comments, also read comments of related stories at Al Jazeera)

Perhaps I take too much pleasure in this little incident. Perhaps Bush started a war based on lies that has killed hundreds of thousands of innocents. Perhaps my evil enjoyment pales in comparison.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hell, Yeah! I love a good shoe-ing!