If we can prevent the government from wasting the labor of the people
under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy. - Thomas Jefferson


Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Schoolchildren (Bullshit Posturing Pt 2)

I don't like claiming allegiance to either of our 2 political parties in this country.

I love the idea of fiscal conservatism; I fear the Republicans insistence that there is no separation between [their] church and [our] state. (and the fact that they are anything but fiscally conservative of late)
I think having a solid dependable social structure that ensures everyone an equal chance is a good idea; I fear the Democrats taxing ways that gives the option of living off of the government as a way of life. (and their penchant for trial lawyers)
When forced to identify my party affiliation, I usually go with Libertarian: The small government alternative.

I love my country, but I've often debated finding a way out of this country. It doesn't represent me, it doesn't represent my beliefs, its kind of uncomfortable here. The freedoms we have seem a bit bogus from time to time, but we got it better than most.
However, at NO point in time, would I ever think its so bad that not only should I leave this country, but I should also bring those around me with...

We all know the spending that has taken place so far since q4 of 2008 is going to hurt us in the long run. Obama's continued generosity with the purse strings will hurt our country's bottom line for generations to come. We all also know that we're in a scary place built for us by W.

Seeing as both major political parties have their share of good policies and bad, you'd think they'd be a little more willing to work together, instead of wishing failure upon your opponents even at the cost of the country they all claim to love. Yes, it is scary right now and it pains me to watch Obama try to borrow our way out of a credit crisis. But it was DAMN scary to watch Bush make enemies out of the entire world while slaughtering people by the truckload with wars based on lies.

Even in the heat of the worst of times, when Iraq seemed unwinnable, when politicians told scientists what they could or could not study, when things were at their very worst, not one democratic governor made it publicly known that seceding from the nation was an optional scenario being considered.
Unfortunately, the current governor of Texas doesn't see it the same way. Apparently, not being a crony of those currently in charge of the fed is SUCH a disgrace, SUCH a hardship, that he publicly announced that seceding from the United States is an option on the table, one that is being discussed in his administration.
(It is of interest to note that by the Texas constitution, it still is its own country. It always has been, it always will be. They've just decided that the country of Texas will allow itself to be a part of the US until they decide differently...)

If you don't like it here, Rick Perry, leave. You don't have to bring your state with you.

THIS is whyTEXANSpaytaxes.

No comments: