If we can prevent the government from wasting the labor of the people
under the pretense of caring for them, they will be happy. - Thomas Jefferson


Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Waste to be proud of

I have to admit, any government body sitting around drawing up papers, having debates, listening to speeches, and voting for the official state rock song is pretty high up there on the why in the hell do I pay taxes for this scale.

But today, I commend the Oklahoma state government and Governor Brad 'Lip's Fan' Henry for their wise decision and and an eloquent speech about the greatest band of all time: The Flaming Lips. Do You Realize?? is now the official state rock song of Oklahoma.

I can't explain, nor do I have to.

THIS is whyoklahomanspaytaxes.

1 comment:

taxpayer said...

IF ANYONE CAN FIND ME A TRANSCRIPT OF THE SPEECH, PLEASE POST IT OR A LINK TO IT!!! I heard parts of it for an NPR piece today. It sounds like he gets the Lips.

Imagine Steve Inskeep from NPR saying "The Flaming Lips"